Views
Helpful
Replies

Bulk updating Alerting names in CCM5.1.2

dselfridge
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

My customer has just decided (near project end!) that they'd like the names to show on the displays when an internal call comes in. I know this means that I have to configure the Alerting Name on each line. But with some 290 phones to do, is there a quicker way to do it?

I can't seem to figure out how to use BAT to accomplish this.

I'm not using AD.

Any help gratefully appreciated!

Dan

4 Replies 4

smahbub
Level 6
Level 6

No (BAT) other bulk method would be a custom SQL query but that's unsupported.

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

i know it's not TAC supported but i did something similar a while ago with CCM 4.1(3)

i created this qry which copied the description that comes in the device config into the label for the line

update devicenumplanmap

set devicenumplanmap.label = device.description

from device

INNER JOIN devicenumplanmap on device.pkid=devicenumplanmap.fkdevice

In order to change the alerting name you would need to reference:

Table -> NumPlan

Field -> AlertingName

it's trickier now using just the CLI but if you look into the DB dictionary for CUCM 5 you can probably use something similar.

AFAIK the DB structure is almost the same as with CCM 4.1(3) just some minor changes

HTH

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Guy's,

Thanks for the help. As I'm still relatively new to the IPT game, I think I need to stick TAC supported stuff until I'm a bit more savvy!

I got round this by getting the new guy to do it manually (gave him some good experience with the CCM 5 Interface!!)

Thanks again

Dan

Hi Daniel,

Did you resolved your problem?

I have same problem with CCM 6.0.

Thank you,

Cristian

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: