Views
Helpful
Replies

IPCCx Use Questions/Opinions

ecornwell
Level 2
Level 2

Hello,

We are currently running IPCCx 4.0.4SR1 Enhanced and I have a few questions about the overall use of the system. We have multiple “mini call centers” that we would like to setup along with our main call center. I imagine this is a supported configuration but there seems to be a lot of global settings that get set. (Reason codes, etc.)

I don't want to impact our main call center but I don't think we receive that many overall calls to saturate the system. We are currently running on a MCS-7835H1 single processor server. I've read through all the SRND guides and it seems like for the most part we are ok. We like to get the most out of what we purchase and this seems like a supported way to do this.

From what I can see, setting up a few more applications with triggers won't hurt anything and the only thing it will really affect is overall system reporting. Then we could add a second server to get added capacity if required.

We are also considering getting a second server for High Availability.

Does this sound ok, or should we be looking at different options?

Thanks,

Eric

2 Replies 2

Eric,

You are perfectly fine with many more applications or call centers. Your call volume is a OK as well.

The capacity problem comes when you go above 200 agents. You may want to check how you define High Availability its generally enterprise option.

good luck.

Baseer.

Thank you for your response.

For HA we were looking at the deployment model that is listed in the SRND for 4.0. It says you can have 2 servers and run them in a HA mode. From there you can scale from 2 to 4 or 6 and up servers.

Eric

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: