Aironet 1310 bridge: Ethernet error

rschwendeman
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 1310 that is getting a

"system encounter an error initializing the ethernet port"

on startup.

It says to interrupt the boot seq and do a ether_init and then boot

I have done that but it still comes back with unable to initialize ethernet.

Is this bridge dead and need RMA'd or is there anything that can be done to revive the ethernet port.

From the power injector to a switch you get link, but never see the bridge in CDP from the switch.

thanks

4 Replies 4

rduke
Level 1
Level 1

I have seen this more than once. The bridge is toast. I have tried replacing the injector when this happens with no luck at all. The only fix was to replace the bridge. With that said, I would assume you have the coax on the outside properly sealed. Rain will get in the coax connections and cause you problems if you did not seal the coax terminations.

Randy

thanks much, I figured it would need replaced, but wanted to see if there was anything to try

but yes no rain/water, has not yet made it out of a lab

thanks again.

kdech
Level 1
Level 1

Is the Ethernet protocol down? If it is, check the RG6 F connectors for corrosion at the outdoor unit. Dirty or corroded connectors can cause the Ethernet protocol to down. The only way to fix this is to cut the old connectors off and install new ones. I've seen this on several occasions and have fixed the problem by replacing the connectors on the cable.

sorvarit
Level 1
Level 1

Have three AP1230 with damaged ethernet ports maybe because of some electric shock etc. We still use them as repeaters since the radios are still working. Maybe you can use your 1310 as a repeater (or non root bridge with clients) if you cant get it replaced.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: