cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CME - Shared line status indicator

dmitrybarsky
Level 1
Level 1

Ive seen several different installs of CCME at different retail stores that I visit. Both stores use CCME (which I am sure of). Both installs (seperate and unrelated to each other) have a key-system structure where there are 7960Gs that have their buttons mapped to a unique extension as well as 4 shared DNs that allow any phone to pickup any line. The interesting part, however is that at one store when a line is in use, all of the other phones show the line icon for the shared DN as a phone with the handset on-hook and a flashing "X". However, at another location, also Running CME, with a very similar setup, the shared lines show the remote-in-use icon (dual handsets) for lines in use. Is this just a matter of the version of CCME that they are running?

I was just curious as to whether this has something to do with the configuration or simply the version of CME that is used. Ive looked around the cisco site and have found very little information regarding line status icons and cisco CME. There is a brief mention in the guide for the 7914.

Just wondering

barsky

4 Replies 4

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The icons varies from phone model to model. Check which phone models and firmware do they have, and which exact IOS on the router,

I know the phone model is the Cisco 7960 (CP-7960G) and I am fairly confident that the firmware they are running P0030702T023 (although I could be P00308000400, I have to check for sure). However, with regard to the IOS version, I really have no way of finding out since I don't have access to the router or its IOS CLI either!

I think the FW difference alone can justify what you have observed.

Yup, you were definitely correct with the firmware being the culprit! the systems vary quite a bit in age. One one the phones are running load 3.5 and on the other they are running 8.5.

Either way, thanks a lot for the suggestion and helping me deal with my curiosity!

best regards,

barsky

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: