cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3845 Manager Express - concurrent ports

v-yelmene
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know how many concurrent calls the 3845 Call Manager Express can handle? I'm trying to determine whether the 3845 Manager Express will be sufficient for our campus. I also need to find a solution for enforced long distance codes.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

Yes, you can have all the phones active at the same time, this how cisco tests the IPT platforms. In fact, the router is never involved in media stream, it only handles call setup, teardown, and keepalives to phones. So, not much work.

And yes, you need third-party CDR software to track and account per code or per phone/group toll usage.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It supports 240 SCCP phones. It would not be a problem to have 4 T1 PRI circuits for 92 external calls.

You can block long distance with a variety of methods, a PIN to enter to unlock phone, blocking certain phones permanently while other are left unblocked, a secret code to prefix for certain calls, or an IVR system that ask for a PIN, whatever suits you better.

thanks,

I'm still not clear on how many concurrent phone calls the 3845 will support. I know they support 240 phones, but i'm curious to know how many concurrent calls it will handle. We ran into a similar issue with Cisco's video-conferencing server. It would support x number of endpoints, but the number of concurrent sessions was dependent on numerous factors.

Long Distance - the one requirement we have is that the call durations must be tracked per code. I believe this would require the use of third party CDR software.

Hi,

Yes, you can have all the phones active at the same time, this how cisco tests the IPT platforms. In fact, the router is never involved in media stream, it only handles call setup, teardown, and keepalives to phones. So, not much work.

And yes, you need third-party CDR software to track and account per code or per phone/group toll usage.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: