We are configuring new networking hardware. We have Cisco perimeter router, an ASA5510 as a firewall, layer 3 switch with VLANS and an MPLS router connects to a port on the L3 switch.
1. By convention is PAT configured on the ASA5510 firewall?
2. Is there any config on the L3 switch to allow MS Active directory to provide different DHCP IP scopes to the hosts on the VLANS? how to assign MS Active Directory to assign DHCP to the hosts on the different VLANS? Servers will reside on a VLAN on the L3 switch.
3. how are the VLANS advertised/routed on the MPLS network?
1) Usually yes it is for internal clients to be able to access the internet
2) You need to use the "ip helper-address" command under the vlan interfaces eg
ip helper-address "DHCP server IP address"
3) Up to you. Depends what routing protocol you are using to peer with your service provider MPLS network (assuming it is provided by a service provider).