CCDE Oficially announced

Unanswered Question
Jan 22nd, 2008

Cisco had already announced the CCDE written exam but the practical is still in discussion.

From the blueprint , seems not easy , a lot of topics

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)

Hi There

Just my 2c worth, but I think it's strange that Cisco called this Expert level certification "CCDE" and not CCIE Design. I mean there is CCIE R&S, CCIE Voice, CCIE SP, CCIE Security & CCIE Storage, so why not CCIE Design?

I just happen to think being a CCIE Design Expert sounds better than being a CCDE, as the majority of the industry recognise what a hard won qualification the CCIE is.

As I said, just my thoughts.

Best Regards,

srue Wed, 01/23/2008 - 05:49

there used to be a CCIE design,about 6 or 7 years ago.

KEVIN RESPASS Wed, 01/23/2008 - 11:30

I agree 100%. Using CCDE instead of CCIE disqualifies you from jobs that are seeking a CCIE. Job postings seem to be 100:1 ratio for CCNP versus CCDP. Looks like I'm gonna to have to continue with my CCIE track and just add this to it....who needs a life anyway?!

caijunjie Wed, 01/23/2008 - 19:04

actually i agree, We need a ccie but with a ccde to comprehend is good

andrew.burns Thu, 01/24/2008 - 02:07

I think the idea is to make a clear separation from the various CCIE tracks (which are all configuration based) - Cisco would then have the option of a CCDE R&S, CCDE Voice, etc. However, as far as industry recognition goes I agree that it will take years before employers ever start asking for a CCDE.

pooria_koleyni Fri, 01/25/2008 - 05:24

I am agree with you

When we want to do design-planning we should know about many things as you mentioned

This Discussion