cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 4.0(5) Exch2k3SP2 Win2k3SP1 ... Oh no, not again ....

pepito1983
Level 1
Level 1

Hi i have a Unity Server where i have installed Cisco Unity 4.0(5) on a Windows 2003 SP1 platform and with Exchange Server 2003 SP2. Also i have installed all the patches that are on the Cisco web for Unity. My problem is that i have succesfully intalled Cisco Unity with Unified Messaging also i used the Permission Wizard 4.0(3)+ twice because i have two containers from where i want to import subscribers but when i want to create a subscriber by importing a user i don't know why only are apearing the users from one container. My other problem i that when i make a call to a subscriber from the PSTN i receive the openning freeting prompt and not the subscriber prompt, i used the Call viewer (image attached) from Unity and i can assure that the call that came from the PSTN are taken as a internal but i can not explain why i am listening the openning greeting.

Pleae give me a hand with these, i think this is to odd.

Thanks in advanced,

Pepe

15 Replies 15

ranpierce
Level 6
Level 6

is 8800 a subscriber? Is 2714?

which call is to the pstn 92766086?

Hi, yeah! that is my cellphone ...

Hi, 8800 is not a subscriber it is a Route Point that works as a trigger for an IPCC script that transfers the call to the ip extensions. The extension 2714 is the subscriber.

Thanks for the help,

Pepe

Hi Pepe -

When you run the permissions wizard on the Unity server and get to the point where you are specifying the containers from where the user accounts reside, make sure you specify the highest level domain, not a subcontainer like an OU. For example, you want to use domain.com\, instead of domain.com\Users or something like that. If you only select domain.com\Users, Unity will only look there for subscribers to import. By selecting domain.com\ in the permissions wizards, all OU containers in the domain.com domain can be searched for accounts.

Regarding the 2714 subscriber, how is the phone configured in CallManager? Ie. does it have the correct voicemail profile coded? If you dial 2714 directly, do you get the subscriber's greeting or the Opening greeting?

Ginger

so when you make a call to your cellphone, in call viewer do you see all of this or just the 8800 line?

Hi, when i make a call from my cellphone, i first call to the IPCC and then it transfers me to the subscriber extension.

Thanks to take a minute on watching my problem.

Pepe

I guess I need to reword my question. There are 2 lines in the call viewer file you posted.

When you make a call to Unity from the pstn (cell phone) do both lines show up in the call viewer or just the 8800 line because the 8800 is not a subsciber and Unity will not recognize it as one and thus will play the opening greeting.

rlp

Oh, it is showing only the 8800 line. That number is the Route Point of the script in the IPCC.

Pepe

Well we know that IPCC is only sending 8800 to Unity and not the subscriber extension and that is why you are getting the opening greeting. Unity does not know who to send the call to.

rlp

Hi Ginger, when i call the 2714 from another IP phone after 3 or 4 ringings i listen for the subscriber greeting, that's fine. The problem is when i make the calls from the PSTN i always receive the openning Greeting, do you think its a codec problem?.

So if i run again the Permission Wizard selecting the highest level domain the Unity will see all the exchange users? i will try it. After i ran the Permission Wizard do i have to restart unity services?

Thanks in advanced,

Pepe

Hi -

You do not need to restart Unity after running the Permissions Wizard. I don't think you have a codec issue. I think when you transfer into Unity from the PSTN to IPCC and then into Unity, something is happening to the called number, so that Unity does not know the subscriber.

Ginger

Hi Ginger, i run the PW again but the users are not appearing. Before this Unity Installation i did it with Windows 2000 and a past version of the PW. If i use this past version the Unity will work ok?

Thanks

have you updated the adschema?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: