cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Change pilot no PSTN E1

rasankalakmal
Level 1
Level 1

I have 01 digital E1 ISDN PRI PSTN link connected to Cisco 2811 NM-HDV2-E1/T1 card. The pilot no of this link is 4291100. Provider allocated from 100 (4291100) to 199 (4291199) series. Currently it uses only the pilot no 4291100 for outgoing calls. i want to change the display no to calling party according to the call originated extension no. Please help me with the configuration. Router has CCME & IP phones registered with this router

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ok, so you that certain extensions do show the direct number, while all the others, do show the main number.

For this, only translation rule works.

int serial x/y:15

translation outgoing makedid

voice translation-profile makedid

translate calling 100

voice translation-rule 100

rule 1 /3301/ /4291101/

rule 2 /3302/ /4291102/

Now, you can group extensions in a pattern for example from 3301 to 3307 do show DID:

rule 1 /33\(0[1-7\)/ /42911\1/

Then verify what you are sending out with "debug isdn q931" and "term mon".

If you need more than 15 rules, even using patterns, write back and I can suggest a workaround.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There are two methods: dialplan command under telephony service, or voice translation-rule.

The first is easier being a single command, try it first. If doesn't work, write back here.

In any case, to check which number you are sending out, check "debug isdn q931" with "term mon". Note, you may need to set a dialplan/type by default router uses unknown/unknown.

i tried; but did't work. Is this feature call DOD (direct outword dialing)? what should i get activated from SP's end. Please help me with detailed steps for config.

requirement in brief:

Caller Ext ------ Display no for outside

3301 -------------- 4291101

3302 -------------- 4291102

let say 3310 dials outside no and 3310 ext is not in this list. then i want to display common pilot no (4291100) for outside.

Ok, so you that certain extensions do show the direct number, while all the others, do show the main number.

For this, only translation rule works.

int serial x/y:15

translation outgoing makedid

voice translation-profile makedid

translate calling 100

voice translation-rule 100

rule 1 /3301/ /4291101/

rule 2 /3302/ /4291102/

Now, you can group extensions in a pattern for example from 3301 to 3307 do show DID:

rule 1 /33\(0[1-7\)/ /42911\1/

Then verify what you are sending out with "debug isdn q931" and "term mon".

If you need more than 15 rules, even using patterns, write back and I can suggest a workaround.

i stucked in the "translation outgoing makedid". U mean here, this command under serial interface. But only the following commands available under "t". This is a NM-HDV2/E1T1 interface.

tarp

timeout

transmit-interface

trunk-group

tx-ring-limit

Pls help. Also tell me What service i have to get enabled from Service provider.

My bad. Under voice-port x/y/z:15

translation-profile outgoing makedid

You shouldn't need anything from telco. When you send a valid calling number with DID, it shows to the called phone. Anything else is replaced with main number. This is the normal ways DID works.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: