cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Multi Cluster- same Corporate directory

pwenger
Level 3
Level 3

Is there a way I can integrate the corporate directories in a multi cluster ennvironement?

I've got a 4.2 Cluster and a 6.0 Cluster connected via Intercluster trunk. Users like to call users in the other cluster via Webdialer or the corporate directory button on the phone.

2 Replies 2

sadbulali
Level 4
Level 4

For information on configuring Webdialer and Redirector servlets, refer to the Cisco WebDialer chapter in the Cisco CallManager Features and Services Guide, Release 4.0(1).

When a user who is located in San Jose clicks on a telephone number in the corporate directory search page that is enabled by Cisco WebDialer, the following actions happen:

1. The Cisco CallManager server sends an initial makeCall HTTP request to the Redirector servlet.

2. If this request is received for the first time, the Redirector servlet reads the Cisco WebDialer server cookie and finds it empty.

For a repeat request, the Redirector servlet reads the IP address of the Cisco WebDialer server that previously serviced the client and sends a isClusterUser HTTP request only to that server.

3. The Redirector servlet sends back a response asking for information, which results in the authentication dialog box opening for the user.

4. The user enters the Cisco CallManager user ID and password and clicks the Submit button.

5. The Redirector servlet reads only the user identification from this information and sends a isClusterUser HTTP request to each Cisco WebDialer server that has been configured by the system administrator.

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

i'd say the easiest way to do this would be to integrate the CUCM servers with AD, you need to create a ciscobase per cluster as the requirements for EM require a hoteling profile per cluster, use the same user search base and the same user creation base for both clusters

HTH

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: