Views
Helpful
Replies

How to get PAK number

alanajjar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I want to know how to get a PAK number with a new ASA or IPS? also if I have an ASA, how can i get a PAK number for it? is it free or not

with regards

4 Replies 4

andrew.burns
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

Whether or not you get a Product Authorization Key (PAK) depends on whether or not you've purchased something over and above what the basic ASA offers (e.g. an IPS module subscription).

If you buy something that requires a PAK then the supplier will provide it. By itself it won't do anything - you need to enter the PAK along with your contact info and the serial number of the device here:

http://www.cisco.com/go/license

Once you've done that you'll receive an activation key by email that you can enter on the ASA (and it will only work if the serial number you gave matches because the serial number is used in the generation process.)

After you enter the activation key on the ASA the features you purchased will be enabled.

HTH

Andrew.

Hi,

Thanks for the response. and another question, after we enter the activation key in the ASA, this will enable the modules like IPS or CSC modules to get signatures or antix updates, or we need another thing to get the updates.

Hi,

To get the updates for the ASA IPS Module you need to purchase comething called "Services for IPS" which includes hardware support as well as the actual updates (both valid for 1 year). After you've bought it you'll need to follow the license link to register and get your activation key.

The CSC is licensed more or less the same except that it's based on how many users you need and what service you require.

HTH

Andrew.

Hi all,

I've got problem to follow the steps as you are indicating for getting a PAK. When I reach the page in which you request for the PAK, the browser (Internet explorer) stays looped viewing the message: "in processing..." everytime. But I tried out with another browser (Firefox) and it doesn't work nor. Please, I'm getting mad with this, where is the problem ??

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card