cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UnityAdmin account logs in but no desktop

joemccann
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Unity (VM only) 5.0(1) running on a Windows 2003 server. The UnityAdmin account can authenticate but it never loads it's personal settings. The desktop never comes up. Has anyone run into this before, if so, is there a fix outside of an un-install?

3 Replies 3

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Joe -

If you have not already tried doing so, I would rerun the Unity permissions wizard and specify the account to be used to administer the server as UnityAdmin. Make sure the account has inheritance enabled so the permissions apply correctly.

Ginger

Thanks for your reply - I've already done that - seems the only fix is to uninstall Unity, remove the account and re-create it. Log onto the server with the new account, and then re-install Unity. That works!

Looks like the fix is to enable RDP on the server and then remote into it with the UnityAdmin account. Log back out of RDP and login normally. Works great!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: