cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AP1522 RAP - DHCP Issue - no IP Add over Gigethernet

rayborg
Level 1
Level 1

We have just received 12 cisco AP1522 ( European Market). I have upgraded the Controller WLC4402 - Version 4.1.191.24M

I simulated in our lab our customers` design. When connecting the AP via Ethernet on Gig 0 port I could not observe any DHCP Packets being Tx. Connecting the cable in the internal Gig2 I have traced DHCP Discovery packets from AP and offers from the DHCP server. Still the AP did not accept the Proposal. This Ap did not appear at the controller. I have also connected a AP1240 and this was very easy to connect. I have also treid to enter the Mac Add. of the Ap. still no luck. It seems that these Ap are not working as they were intended to. Could somebody give a tip maybe there are some command to be entered which are not documented in the Cisco Guides. I also noticed that on the controller has dropped "dhcpProxy: Dropping packet (no mscb) from STA 00:1e:49:58:e9:fe, " messages were sent.

2 Replies 2

ctermini
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Ray,

I've been in contact with your collegues this last week regarding this issue. More for a note for others who may come across this problem, some 'E' versions of 1522 may have shipped with incorrect code on them. There is a straighforward process to update the code, process docs and code is available via TAC.

rgds

Carlo

Thank you very much. I have already downloaded the code and the DHCP Issue is now functioning correctly.

Thanks again.

Ray

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card