cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Will the AIP-SSM for the ASA stop this?

deyster94
Level 5
Level 5

I have a client emailed me today that someone did a script injection attack on one of their web servers. It ran a backdoor Trojan virus on their web server. I know the AIP-SSM will stop the Trojan, but will it stop someone from doing the script injection attack. If so, is it documented and can you point me to the document.

Thanks.

Dan

2 Replies 2

andrew.burns
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

If you know exactly which of the various script injection attacks was used you can simply look it up here:

http://tools.cisco.com/security/center/home.x

If you don't know exactly which one then it's slightly harded to know whether it would have been stopped, but searching on "script injection" or similar should narrow down the candidates and give you an idea on whether it would have been stopped or not.

Remember that an IPS isn't perfect, but it *will* significantly lower your risk if setup and maintained properly.

HTH

Andrew.

Thanks for the info. I talked to a Cisco Rep yesterday and he was saying to prevent an attack like that CSA would probably be the best. I offered this info to my client. So I will have to see if that would be something they would pursue or not.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card