cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Does Campus manager 5.0.0 in LMS 3.0 supports ASA5520?

divash
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,i have installed LMS 3.0 in the network at the DMZ-2 zone of Firewall,its not giving the topology view of ASA 5520 although iam able to ping and telnet ASA ,with this it is showing the devices without any connection giving a CHKDSK UTILITY ERROR.Pls Help to Discover the ASA or any atch is required????

pls help.

6 Replies 6

srego4
Level 2
Level 2

go to Common services > device update > and look for the asa5520 ... I believe they do have it. as I had to do the same for the asa 5505 and 5510.... There shd. be a package for asa 55xx....

you also need to have the latest mdf file (its all in the readme when you get teh device package).

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, Campus does not support the PIX, ASA, or FWSM devices since they do not support CDP, and thus could not appear as connected on the map.

Yes he is right. I did not read your question properly.

ASA 5520 is supported (not all features tho) by RME but not campus

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_lan_management_solution/3.0.1/device_support/table/lms301sdt.html

Is there any patch for Campus manager to get the topology view of ASA 5520 problem?

Thank you very much for your answer,Is there any other way for Campus manager to get the topology view of ASA 5520 problem?

No. What you are seeing is the best that Campus Manager will support an ASA device. For more in-depth ASA management, you should use ASDM or the Cisco Security Management Suite.