cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UCM 4.X ReIP procedure

tescobar
Level 1
Level 1

Have been using Cisco IP address change procedure for Cisco UCM 3.X/4.X but have been having problems. After the Re IP procedure the phones do not re register. After resetting the phones to default they still have same problem. I suspect there is a step or two which I am missing on call mgr Re IP procedure.

Tony

4 Replies 4

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Tony,

Are you using this Step by Step for this process? We have done this without problems using this.

Changing the IP Address for Cisco CallManager

From this excellent doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a0080094601.shtml

Hope this helps!

Rob

Rob,

Thx for the doc, thats the one I have been using. One point where we do not make a change is the CRA stuff as we do not use that app and did you change it in the system profile called hoteling? Thats the one thing I did not do? We did change other references such as the ipphone services links, enterprise addresses in the links also.

Tony

Hi Tony,

Don't worry about the CRA section if you don't run that application. We did not change the Hotelling section. Your likely areas of concern are;

Change DHCP option 150 to a new IP address.

Note: If you have Subscribers, when you change the IP address of the Publisher, you need to edit the LMHOST files in the Subscribers to the new IP address.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Rob,

great points, but the CM I am reIPing is in the same subnet as I am using one from a test network,(before I attempt on production unit) so DHCP is not an issue, and there are no subscribers nodes. The only other thing I did not do was stop the DC directory service, there is no unity services running either?

Tony