How to tackle the CCDE written

Unanswered Question
Jan 23rd, 2008

Hi all

I had seen the CCDE written blueprints and find that that are a whole heaps of topics with different areas.

Any one had any ideas on how to tackle the written,

My approach is to tackel 1 section by section , like IP routing belong to 1 section etc.

Anyone know how to make use of the booklist for different section , like what books should be used as reference for IP routing and so on.

Any advice is welcomed :)

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
caijunjie Wed, 01/23/2008 - 19:07

yap saw it, but we need to know which book focus on which section, there are a whole heaps of reference . hehe

pooria_koleyni Fri, 01/25/2008 - 05:30

I saw the book list

It is summary of CCIE-SP booklist

In want to startreading them exact order that they are in the book list

and i also know that there are some useful books that is not listed there

please do not hesitate to contact me we can share information

Collin Clark Fri, 01/25/2008 - 06:35

The CCIE is not only about testing Cisco technologies it's also about testing you. Can you think in non-conventional ways? Can you work through difficult tasks that you might not know much about? Can you prioritize and manage your time well? It's not about reading Book 1,2 & 3 and regurgitating the information. You need to be able to read between the lines, find the information yourself, and get the work done with little or no outside input.

Review the Blueprint, it is a guideline on what to study for. It's not a list of what will or will not be on the exam, it's a guideline of what will probably appear on the exam/lab. Check the book list, again it's a guideline. Those books may or may not contain all the information required. If they do, great. If they don't, it's up to you to find the information and learn it.

eleibowitz Wed, 02/06/2008 - 08:06

This is a little cumbersome but it may do the trick. Go to and search on your topic (e.g., IP routing). This will give you more hits than you'd like, but you can then refine your search to "products" (which includes the books but removes articles, events, etc.). This will still give you a list that is too long but at least it will be more manageable. Then just cross that list to the CCDE booklist to find the matches.

ccbootcamp Wed, 02/06/2008 - 08:50

It's a pretty crazy test from what I've heard. I've started writing a study guide for it based on the blue print. I am actually going to take the test in a week or so and we'll see how I do. I've heard it's a pretty rough test from some pretty smart people. The range of topics and depth of some topics is supposively "interesting."

when are you planning to take the exam?

(please rate the post if this helps!)

svermill Sat, 03/22/2008 - 21:07

Curious to know how this went for you Brad?

I'm personally planning to complete SP and possibly Security CCIE tracks before attempting the CCDE. Good plan based on your experience?

This Discussion