cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Videoconferencing Cisco 7985 phones

gbrome
Level 4
Level 4

Hi-I am looking to deploy 7985's to selected users to enable desktop videoconferencing. Do the 7985's support multipoint conferences using the CUCM conference bridges, or do I need another device? How many simultaneous endpoints do the 7985's support? Thanks!

4 Replies 4

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You would need an MCU to support multipoint conferences. In this scenario, the 7985 would only support one simultaneous endpoint. You cannot display multiple video streams simultaneously on the 7985.

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Brandon

Hi Brandon,

Thanks for taking the time to respond to my post. I was wondering if I was going to need an MCU. So, just so I understand, if I were to intitiate a video conference with four participants, I would need an MCU to be the endpoint for all the attendees? What would Attendee 1 see on his screen? I am familiar with the Polycom 512's where you could do a multipoint conference, but have window-within-window to see all the parties. How does a 7985 handle that?

Thanks!!

Yes, the MCU would be the endpoint for all attendees. The image on each attendees screen can either be voice activated or the conference manager can determine that all attendees will see a particular location no matter who is speaking.

Hope this helps.

Brandon

Hi Brandon,

It certainly does! Looks like I better get a quote for an MCU from my vendor.

take care,

George

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: