Views
Helpful
Replies

Software conferencing

ouhakheme
Level 3
Level 3

Afternoon guys --

Are there any specifications on the maximum conferences or max participants allowed per CallManager server utilizing software conference bridging?

Please let me know.

Thanks,

Ohamien

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Ohamien,

Hope all is well! Here is the related information.

Software Conference Devices

For software conference devices, you can adjust the number of streams because software conference devices support a variable number of audio streams. You can create and configure a software conference device and choose the number of full-duplex audio streams that the device supports. To calculate the total number of conferences that a device supports, divide the number of audio streams by three. The maximum number of audio streams equals 128.

Cisco Conference Bridge Software

Software conference devices support G.711 codecs by default.

The maximum number of audio streams for this type equals 128. With 128 streams, a software conference media resource can handle 128 users in a single conference, or the software conference media resource can handle up to 42 conferencing resources with three users per conference.

If the Cisco IP Voice Media Streaming Application service runs on a different server than the Cisco CallManager service, a software conference cannot exceed the maximum limit of 128 participants.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Caution If the Cisco IP Voice Media Streaming Application service runs on the same server as the Cisco CallManager service, a software conference should not exceed the maximum limit of 48 participants.

From this good doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/4_1_3/ccmsys/a05confb.html#wp1035397

Hope this helps!

Rob

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Ohamien,

Hope all is well! Here is the related information.

Software Conference Devices

For software conference devices, you can adjust the number of streams because software conference devices support a variable number of audio streams. You can create and configure a software conference device and choose the number of full-duplex audio streams that the device supports. To calculate the total number of conferences that a device supports, divide the number of audio streams by three. The maximum number of audio streams equals 128.

Cisco Conference Bridge Software

Software conference devices support G.711 codecs by default.

The maximum number of audio streams for this type equals 128. With 128 streams, a software conference media resource can handle 128 users in a single conference, or the software conference media resource can handle up to 42 conferencing resources with three users per conference.

If the Cisco IP Voice Media Streaming Application service runs on a different server than the Cisco CallManager service, a software conference cannot exceed the maximum limit of 128 participants.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Caution If the Cisco IP Voice Media Streaming Application service runs on the same server as the Cisco CallManager service, a software conference should not exceed the maximum limit of 48 participants.

From this good doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/4_1_3/ccmsys/a05confb.html#wp1035397

Hope this helps!

Rob

Rob, you are the man. On the phone with Cisco PDI HelpDesk for 30 minutes and they find nothing. While on I posted the question and get a response as I'm hanging up.

You guys are the best, thanks again.

Ohamien

Also Rob, where did you find this link? I'd like to see the 6.0 version of the document, or even the Business Edition version, but I cannot seem to track it down.

Let me know.

Thanks!

Hi Ohamien,

You are always welcome! Thanks for your very kind words my friend :)

Take care,

Rob

Hi Ohamien,

Check out Page 263 of this rather large CCM 6.X .pdf

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/6_1_1/ccmsys/accm.pdf

Hope this helps buddy!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: