Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call goes to Opening Greeting on holidays

Why do I keep getting the default Opening Greeting on Unity when I create a holiday. Call flow: CM forwards 2000 to Unity, hits a routing rule (business hours that observes holidays), that Attemts transfer to Day Time call handler (also business hours). Everything works OK. When I create a holiday, the call goes to the default Unity Opening Greeting. When I delete the holiday, it works correctly again. What am I doing wrong? I thought that it's supposed to play the closed greeting and use the closed transfer rule when observing holidays. This is on ver 4.04 sr1 and also 4.2.1. Thanks.

6 Replies 6

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi -

So the schedule that is applied to your Routing Rule has the box checked "Observe Holidays". Or are you using the "Always" schedule? Another possible problem is that the routing rule is not in the right order and the Default routing rule (which is what I think you are hearing when you hear the Opening Greeting) is getting passed to instead.

Ginger

Thanks for responding Ginger. Yes, the schedule "Business Hours" in the routing rule is set to observe holidays, which, apparently, causes the the call to go to the default Opening Greeting routing rule. The first in the Routing Rule order is an After Hours schedule, which forwards to a subscriber's greeting. Second in line, for this DN, is the Business Hours. I put another "business hours 2" schedule in there with the holidays unchecked. Now, the call will go through to the call handler on holidays.

The customer wants the call to go to the same subscriber's greeting on holidays. How should I set this up on the call handler? The routing rule is set to "Attempt Transfer to Business Hours" call handler.

Should the Closed transfer rule on the call handler be set to go to the subscriber's greeting? Does the transfer rule on the call handler have to be enabled for the call to ring the subscriber? If it's enabled, will it play during regular hours? Thanks.

Hi -

I apologize answering your question with another question. Would you mind posting a copy of your Routing Rules order, maybe a screen shot from Unity and include the screen shots from the call handler? It would help me visualize what's going on.

Thanks again, Ginger

No problem ginger. I think I have it right now. But, if you could check the screen shots to make sure all is configured correctly. Screen shots are from my lab using ver 4.2.1. The customer server is 4.0.4 sr1.

1. Is it normal for a schedule in the Routing Rule that observes holidays to block a call on a holiday?

2. Does the closed greeting being enabled on a call handler function differently than a subscriber closed greeting being enabled? Thanks.

bump. anyone else experience anything like this? i am having the same problem. schedules, though applied, have no effect on a direct routing rule whereas called or calling number does.

CUCMBE 6.0

CUC 2.0

holidays aren't working on the correct date specified. they are working the day after.

so if an attendant needs to switch greetings on july 4th, i need to set the holiday routing rule to july 3rd.

anyone else run into this?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: