cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Partial DS3 bandwidth

Eduardo AYALA
Level 1
Level 1

If I have 15mb of bandwidth from my provider, should I enter my full 44210 rate on my interface? I do belived that the partial rate should be handle by my provider.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Not necessarily. Some providers don't bother setting subrate on T3 circuits, thing that can raise compatibility issues, and just shape or rate limit in software. This way, if the rate has to be changed, no action is required on customer side.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Eduardo

I can not tell from this question whether you are asking about the bandwidth statement on an interface where it probably would be ok to put the full rate, or whether you are asking about configuration statements on the controller where it may need to reflect the actual capacity of the circuit. Perhaps you can clarify?

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Not necessarily. Some providers don't bother setting subrate on T3 circuits, thing that can raise compatibility issues, and just shape or rate limit in software. This way, if the rate has to be changed, no action is required on customer side.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card