cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Difference between CTI route point and CTI route port

jason-calbert_2
Level 3
Level 3

I'm trying to find out what the difference is between a CTI route Point and a CTI route Port is. If anyone can shed some light on this I would appreciate it. Thanks

Jason

3 Replies 3

Zin.Karzazi
Level 5
Level 5

A CTI Port is a virtual port. It is analogous to a trunk line in a traditional ACD or PBX setting. i.e The CTI Port allows access to the Post Routing capabilities of the IP-IVR.

A CTI Route Point is a virtual device that can receive multiple simultaneous calls for the purpose of application-controlled redirection. Once a CTI Route Point has been created, lines (directory numbers) can be added and configured. Applications that use CTI route points include the Cisco IP Interactive Voice Response (IP-IVR) system and Cisco JTAPI with ICM. Calls are directed to CTI Route Points, which subsequently route the call to an available CTI port, the front end of the application. A CTI Route Point is the number a caller dials to access the application. A CTI Route Point must be configured for each application.

Hi Zin.Harzazi,

Could you please provide a link to know more about CTI Route Point and CTI Route port? I will also look for a book on Cisco Press about ICM, periferal gateway. Any recommendations?

Thank you,

-Calin

You can read the CTI section of call processing in the SRND:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/9x/callpros.html#wp1083026

I think it does a good job explaining it.

HTH, please rate all useful posts!

Chris