Views
Helpful
Replies

X.25 circuit migration

aoshea
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Netpro's,

Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with migrating X.25 presented on Satelcom MegaPac V devices to cisco?

any advise or assistance would be appreciated.

regards Adrian

5 Replies 5

jsivulka
Level 5
Level 5

I was involved with the migration of a network from a X.25 switch environment, to a router network, without any application changes allowed (tender requirement). Basically we configured the router ports to match what the existing x.25 switch ports and had no real problems.

Hi Joseph,

Just wondering how you managed to decypher the megapac information, I have a dump file, which is difficult to understand.

looking to migrate to 3845 platform with a channalised E1 / 16 Port serial.

Thanks again.

Hi,

once you connect the router, it's very easy (for a person with x25 and router experience) to see all the x25 information from the connected device, and configure accordingly.

Hi Paolo,

Unfortunately the device we are migrating from is not a cisco device, so not an easy task even if you know x25!

thanks anyway.

cheers Adrian

What I meant, you connect the device to a cisco router, and the cisco router will tell you all what the device wants to do.

Then the rating you left to my best will suggestion is quite unfair, anyway, good luck.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card