Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Suspending a critical-service ?

Hi,

I need to modify the upstream-downstream service I'm using as a critical-service for my VR's.

What will happen if I suspend it, in order to modify it ?

First of all, will I be able to suspend such a service being used as a critical-service ?

Second, if the CSS let me suspend it, will a failover occur between my master CSS to the backup one ?

Thanks and Regards,

Arno

2 Replies 2

Gilles Dufour
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

if you suspend a critical service, the CSS will failover to the backup.

Maybe remove the critical service from the config, then modify it and reconfigure it as a critical service.

Gilles.

Thank you Gilles for your answer.

If the CSS fails over to the backup I guess it should not be a problem since we're running in ASR redundancy mode, the applications should not be impacted.

So I guess, I'll just modify the critical service on the backup one, ensure it comes back alive after the modification, and then do the same thing on the master one, that will then fail over to the backup one.

On the other hand, your response triggers a side question: if I decide to first remove the critical-service from the config in order to modify it, what will the virtual-routers be relying on to assume mastership of the IPs (and VIPs) ??

Rgds,

Arno

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: