Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem with License Server in Cisco Works LMS 3.0

razor2xge
Level 1
Level 1

HI,

if just installed an Cisco Works LMS 3.0 on an Microsoft Windows 2003 Server Standart Edition.

When I have a look at the Processes at Server > Admin > Processes i get the info that the "LicenseServer" failed to run.

In the log file "License.log" presents me the following errors:

[ Mi Jan 16 08:05:02 CET 2008 ] [TP-Processor1] ERROR com.cisco.nm.license.util.LicenseUtil - Error getting port information: C:\PROGRA~1\CSCOpx\etc\licenses\port.data (Das System kann die angegebene Datei nicht finden)

[ Mi Jan 16 10:01:03 CET 2008 ] [TP-Processor16] ERROR com.cisco.nm.license.util.LicenseUtil - Error getting port information: C:\PROGRA~1\CSCOpx\etc\licenses\port.data (Das System kann die angegebene Datei nicht finden)

[ Wed Jan 16 12:42:23 CET 2008 ] [TP-Processor12] ERROR com.cisco.nm.license.util.LicenseUtil - Error getting port information: C:\PROGRA~1\CSCOpx\etc\licenses\port.data (Das System kann die angegebene Datei nicht finden)

[ Thu Jan 17 09:58:56 CET 2008 ] [TP-Processor2] ERROR com.cisco.nm.license.util.LicenseUtil - Error getting port information: C:\PROGRA~1\CSCOpx\etc\licenses\port.data (Das System kann die angegebene Datei nicht finden)

[ Do Jan 17 12:46:53 CET 2008 ] [TP-Processor2] ERROR com.cisco.nm.license.util.LicenseUtil - Error getting port information: C:\PROGRA~1\CSCOpx\etc\licenses\port.data (Das System kann die angegebene Datei nicht finden)

What is this File port.data for and where can I get this file to enable the server to run normally.

4 Replies 4

yjdabear
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Don't know about LMS 3.0, but LMS 2.6's port.data just has one line:

which is the same TCP port LicenseServer uses in LMS 3.0.

You can try creating a port.data readable by casuser to see if that solves your problem. But often times missing requisite files is a sign of bad/corrupt installation that may require reinstalling the product, so engaging the vendor tech support is a good idea.

The file format is the same in LMS 3.0. It contains one line with the port number:

There should also be an empty pinpak.data file in the same directory.

also, what are the regional settings for this server? They should be set to English (United States). Look at this thread:

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Network%20Infrastructure&topic=Network%20Management&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Ddisplay_location%26location%3D.1dde8052

the part '(Das System kann die angegebene Datei nicht finden)' in a log file sieht nicht wirklich nach englischer Sprachumgebung fuer das System aus- was zu Fehlern an mehreren Stellen führen kann (reports,XML)

Thanks to you.

Have just created an empty txt File named port.data then it works.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: