Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco AP 1100 down frequently

alexande1905
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

I have problem with my AP. I'm using 3 cisco 1100 AP for my connection. All of the AP using one SSID named "PASO" and act as root (connected with wired LAN). From yesterday my AP always down frequently. Client can't find any available network. Sometimes it can up for 1-2 hour but sometimes after 5 minutes it down again. I have to restart the hardware so the Access Point can UP again. In one day i can restart the H/W about 10-15 times. Before the problem occured things are running well.

Any one can help me ?

thanx for the replies..

2 Replies 2

irisrios
Level 6
Level 6

First try to reset the device and reconfigure it. If doesnt fix the issue then plan to upgrade the IOS of the access point. Make sure you backup the configurations before you do these steps. Refer the following URL for backing up and upgrading devices http://cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/access_point/12.4_3g_JA/configuration/guide/s43mfw.html

Thanx for the repplies. I already fix it by change one of the AP SSID name. So it have 2 SSID name in my network. And then after 2 days i've changed again the SSID like before and it doing fine right now.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card