Views
Helpful
Replies

Routing Strategy For Outbound call

bilalghayad
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All;

Once the call list imported to the ICM, I need to know how I can determine the used skill group to do that outbound call (for each number) based on doing a query (via the Application Gateway), this query will send the telephone number (need to be called) and will return the variables related to this number (language, nationality, gender), then based on these returned variables, I should be able to determine the skill group to be used for the outbound call of that number, this to be doen for all numbers in the calling list.

The trick here is how to read the calling number (that was imported from the list) and doing that senario, then determining the skill group, and then the dialer can proceed and transfer the call for the agent.

Any help to know how to determine the skill group to be used before the dialer dialing? And how to set variable1=calling number that was imported from the calling list? This to be before dialer start dialing, as dialer should knows where to transfer.

Any help?

17 Replies 17

Riccardo Bua
Level 5
Level 5

Hi Bilal,

the best way to perform this with some customisation work is the following, collect the caller info and schedule a personal call back, you could then decide based on whichever business criteria if to assign a specific call to a selected group of agents or one specific agent(you will need to tailor your skillgroup creation for this, by example with overlapping skillgroup assignments to the agent or single agent skill group).

If you wish to make it more sofisticated you could collect a message with a voice mail system, have a consult transfer with an IVR to replay the message to the agent and then perform the outbound call, etc. etc. etc.

Regards,

Riccardo

Regards,

Riccardo

Dear Riccardo;

Special thanks for your advise.

But is it possible to initiate CallBack senario without having first a call to the customer and then schedual this call to be called back? Or I can initiate it directly from the first time as callback call?

Also, I can understand that it is allowed only to have one skill group assigned for all the outbound campaign calls and not allowed to determine the needed skill group to be used with each outbound call in the campaign senario, correct? In other words, I can use only one skill group per each campaign, correct?

And this skill group to be assigned in the outbound campaign administrative script?

bilalghayad,

Please lay out what you are trying to do at a higher level indicating what you want to do from a business perspective. Don't get bogged down in ICM details.

Regards,

Geoff

Dear Geoff;

What I need to do is the following:

We need to do Outbound Campaign, we will have a four skill groups for outbound, each call in the call list should be routed to the specific skill group based on the call information (language, nationality, gender).

Now, what I planned is to call the stored procedure that will return the variables for each call and based on these variables, I will determine which skill group. But I have two problems:

1) I do not know how to let this happen before routing the call to the skill group and then the agent?

2) Also I do not know how to get each number in the call list to bypass it for the stored procedure that will return for me a variables of that number, then I can route to the specific skill group based on that returned variables.

Regards

Bilal

Hi Bilal,

for your scenario I would plan different campaigns based on the number you want to call, say 3 for the sake of it.

Each will have a query rule to match your need.

You will then distribute your agents in different skill groups based on your routing criteria for each campaign.

Cheers,

Riccardo

Dear Riccardo;

Still did not get what I need, I would like to ask it in another way.

Now, in the campaign, when the import happens, then dialer will reserve agent and do outbound calls ... etc.

The trick is: how can I control the script that the dialer use it to determine the skill group and the agent that will be used to outbound the call? If I can reach that script, and I can customize it, I am sure my problem will be resolved.

Any help?

Regards

Bilal

Hi again Bilal,

what I tried to say is the following, you coul determine only one specific criteria for your import and it is the query rule you use for your campaign.

Since you want to use 3 criteria instead, the option I see as available is to define 3 different campaigns and query rule based on your business criteria, assign agents to the appropriate skillgroups to fulfill those tasks.

EG. english female silver customer served by the english_femal_silver group where some english speaking agents will need to be logged in, and so on....

Regards,

Riccardo

Good, this if I will import all the customers of the same category together, so for example a 4 imports to be used for 4 campaigns, and each campaign to use a skill group suite that importing list of that campaign.

But, how it will be possible to determine which of the four skill groups to be used for each customer in the same campaign? Is there a place where I can do that? I think this should be done after importing the list and before assigning the agent, but how :) ?

Hi Bilal,

you need to filter your import upfront to normalize your campaign, if your query rule look only for a set condition to be matched you get your segmented campaign.

When it comes to skillgroup assignment, you will have some waste in terms of skillgroups, there will be one skillgroup assigned and only that for a specific campaign.

Then it will be your judgement call to decide which agent will have the skillset to take those calls or otherwise they will not login into that skillgroup.

EG English speaking agent login or not in the finance english male campaign group? And so on...

Regards,

Riccardo

Thanks Riccardo :) - You declared for me the situation.

There is not an administrative script that will be used for the campaign, so I can go through it and play in it?

Regards

Bilal

Yup it is just a question to find the right filtering in your query rule selection. Make your custom statement, assure it does what it is requested in terms of filtering and you should be done.

:-)))

Riccardo

The only problem Riccardo that the CRM gives me the list and I do not need to ask the CRM to change this.

Can be done using callback (so I can have a script to select the needed skill group)?

Regards

Bilal

Hi Bilal,

you need to filter your import upfront to normalize your campaign, if your query rule look only for a set condition to be matched you get your segmented campaign.

When it comes to skillgroup assignment, you will have some waste in terms of skillgroups, there will be one skillgroup assigned and only that for a specific campaign.

Then it will be your judgement call to decide which agent will have the skillset to take those calls or otherwise they will not login into that skillgroup.

EG English speaking agent login or not in the finance english male campaign group? And so on...

Regards,

Riccardo

Dear Riccardo;

I received this message twice, is it by mistake?

I was asking if callback can resolve the problem (by giving a chance to have a script that give us a chance to select the proper skill group)?

Regards

Bilal

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: