cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

need help with attendant console

cthree6mafia
Level 1
Level 1

I have cominication with the callmanager, but cannot see anything on the client, need some extra configuration apart from the manual

3 Replies 3

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi -

What version of CallManager are you using as well as the client OS? Can you attach to this post what you have configured so far, including the CCMUser for the user that is logging onto the PC client? Make sure you have your AC User defined on the CallManager and that the user's phone extension being used for the attendant console is associated as a DN with the AC User.

Ginger

the version of callmanager is 6.0 under linux and attendant department server ver 1.1.2 which is insalled on windows 2003 wich communicates with callmanager 6.0, The client connects to the attendant department server ver 1.1.2 with user operator1 and dn 1000, the clent connects successfuly, can receive calls and onlyy make speed dial calls, cannot see the directory, or transfer on put on hold a call.

Hi -

Sorry for the delay in responding :-(

We use the Communication Manager Attendant Console plugin that comes with CCM and installs on each user's PC. So I do not have experience with the server-based version. I checked online and could not find a configuration guide or release notes etc. for this version, only product sheets. I don't know if this will be helpful, but will give it a try (things to check):

- Can the attendant department server ping the CallManager server?

- Somewhere in your install notes should be directions on how to connect the server to your CCM's directory. Make sure this is coded as instructed.

- In our version, we define an Attendant Console userid in CCM. This user is associated with all of the phones that will use the application.

- From your post, I want to make sure the user can start the application and Go Online. Can the user press the Telephone icon and get dial tone?

- On our version, the default Directory on Startup says Select One. If you see this option, click the black down arrow and select a directory.

- Your user operator1 may need to have this checked on the userid configuration - Enable CTI Application Use

- Can the user transfer or put a call on hold without the Attendant Console running? You may want to check the CCM directory number configuration and make sure the following is more than 1 - Maximum Number of Calls.

Regards, Ginger

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: