Views
Helpful
Replies

CCM 4.1(3) MOH sound quality distortion

z.zdravkov
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have problem with a cluster with four CCM servers. Every one of them is running CCM service but the one dedicated for MOH has only a few end devices and performance looks OK. We are experiencing bad sound quality from the MOH server.

Is there a reliable way to investigate and troubleshoot is the problem relayed to the server performance or something else? May I capture RTP streams from the MOH server and look at the achieved delays and jitters.

Please recommend me a technics to troubleshoot this if you have touched similar problems.

Thanks in advance.

3 Replies 3

htarra
Level 4
Level 4

Can you please drop this file into your Call Manager MOH folder after you have unrar it. Also can you send me the wave file so I can test on my end and see how the quality is.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/4_1_3/ccmsys/a02svcs.html#wp1033529

The problem isn't in the file 100% because sometimes the quality is good, sometimes bad. There is another reason. I can send you the files but they are the default files that comes with CCM. A kind of monitoring can help me.

you can use span session on a switch port and connect a PC with ethereal to capture the RTP stream and look into jitter and delay.

HTH

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: