cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 2.5.1 - any impact on changing Domain name

rajeshakumar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, is there any procedure or steps involved in changing Domain name on the CiscoWorks server (LMS 2.5.1) which is already running for a while now.

I have come across the procedure for hostname change, but not domain name.

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Provided your software is under an active contract, yes, TAC will provide support for domain name change issues.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It's similar. The domain name is stored in the md.properties in the PX_FQDN property as well as in the registry on Windows and the CSCOmd pkgparam file on Solaris. Additionally, if you've generated a certificate with a fully-qualified domain name, or if you've modified any other properties to include the domain name, you will need to correct that as well.

It's probably a good idea to walk through the hostname change procedure just to make sure you haven't missed anything.

Hello Joe, Thank you very much for the confirmation.

I have gone through the steps mentioned in hostname change procedure and find apart from what you said (PX_FQDN)is the only place i get option for Domain name change.

Just to confirm,

1. Is there any issue with Licensing Part due to this change?

2. Do I need to create file similar to changehostname.info and delete gatekeeper.ior file as mentioned in the procedure for hostname change

3. Do I need tho run the following commands replacing hostname with domain name?

Enter dbisqlc -c "uid=cmfDBA;pwd=dbpassword;eng=cmfEng;dbf=NMSROOT\databases\cmf\cmf.db" -q update PIDM_app_device_map SET app_hostname=`NewhostName' where app_hostname= `OldhostName'

Thanks in advance,

1. No, the licensing is not node-locked.

2. This should not be necessary if you have only found the domain name in PX_FQDN.

3. Same as 2.

Hello Joe, Thank you very much for the clarifications.

Just to know in case if any support needed from Cisco for issues with Domain change on CiscoWorks or ACS Server, Does Cisco TAC provide support for the same?

Provided your software is under an active contract, yes, TAC will provide support for domain name change issues.

Hi Joe, Thanks so much for all the quick info and clarifications. It's really helpful.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: