cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

lwap to autonomous

ahmedalshami
Level 1
Level 1

how i can Upgrading Lightweight Mode to Autonomous Cisco Aironet Access Points ??

10 Replies 10

ankbhasi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Ahmed,

See if this link helps you

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/access_point/conversion/lwapp/upgrade/guide/lwapnote.html#wp161272

Please come back if you have any doubts.

HTH

Ankur

*Pls rate all helpfull post

Hi ahmad,

What i understand you want to convert from Lightweight mode to autonomous mode ... no reverse of it..

Link to download tftp server

http://tftpd32.jounin.net

Link to download AP image you to upload:

http://tools.cisco.com/support/downloads/pub/Redirect.x?mdfid=278875243

Here is the step that you can try :-

LWAPP to autonomus AP converstion steps

Here is a example steps for you:

Step 1 The PC you intend to use must be configured with a static IP address in the range of 10.0.0.2 to 10.0.0.30.

Step 2 Make sure that the PC contains the access point image file (such as c1100-k9w7-tar.122-15.JA.tar for an 1100 series access point or c1200-k9w7-tar.122-15.JA.tar for a 1200 series access point) in the TFTP server folder and that the TFTP server is activated.

Step 3 Rename the access point image file in the TFTP server folder to c1100-k9w7-tar.default for an 1100 series access point or c1200-k9w7-tar.default for a 1200 series access point.

Step 4 Connect the PC to the access point using a Category 5 (CAT5) Ethernet cable.

Step 5 Disconnect power (the power jack for external power or the Ethernet cable for in-line power) from the access point.

Step 6 Press and hold the MODE button while you reconnect power to the access point.

Step 7 Hold the MODE button until the status LED turns red (approximately 20 to 30 seconds), and release the MODE button.

Step 8 Wait until the access point reboots as indicated by all LEDs turning green followed by the Status LED blinking green.

Step 9 After the access point reboots, you must reconfigure the access point by using the Web-browser interface or the CLI.

From this doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/wireless/ps4570/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a0080209250.html#wp1040300

Hope this helps! ..

Pls rate if it resolve ur issue so that others can also benefit from these steps.

I try all this steps but the AP is juts rebooting and rebooting it never stops.

I believe all firmware is corrupted, is any other way we can erase everything and start over again?

Hi Francisco,

What image did you try to load?

Rob

Hello Rob, I try to install the image c1200-k9w7-tar.123-8.JEA3.tar, I change the name to c1200-k9w7-tar.default

But still the AP is jut rebooting and rebooting, stops for 30 seconds and reboot again, I use TFTP software setting the IP on my laptop to 10.0.0.2.

Any Idea?

Hi Francisco,

Have you looked at the logs on the TFTP Server? They may shed some light on this.

Rob

Rob I got it, it was a setting on the TFTP program under the DHCP Server tab, this are the settings I use

IP poll Starting address 10.0.0.1

Size of pool 2 (Note) If you set more of 2 it may not pick the right IP for your laptop that was may case

Boot file ---

WINS/DNS server 0.0.0.0

Default Router 10.0.0.1

Mask 255.255.255.0

My laptop was set with static IP of 10.0.0.1 Mask 255.255.255.0

Thak you for all your help.

Hi Francisco,

You are most welcome my friend! Nice to be of some small help :)

Take care,

Rob

dear

i coudnt converte the lwap to autonomous

i did all what you said but nothing happen please help me

this is the erorr from TFTP and IOS

please check the aTTACHED FILES

Good evening,

I recently helped a client who had incorrectly purchased a AIR-LAP-1252AG-A-K9 LWAP native AP. Of course the AP had never been autonomous before. This is the fancy 802.11n model with 6 antenna's for mimo.

Here is what i did;

like the original poster's steps...

-I had my laptop with tftp server directly connected to the AP with a crossover cable

-my laptop configured with the ip 10.0.0.2 (the AP will use 10.0.0.1 when it reboots)

-hold the AP's reset button for a while. you may have to do this several times... the ap will go into a mode where it looks for any tftp server 255.255.255.255.

-your tftp-server needs to have the autonomous code named EXACTLY as the AP is looking for it... even if you download xyz.tar from cisco's site, rename appropriately, in this instance i renamed the .tar to c1250-k9w7-tar.default

I have attached the log from my console software.

thanks,

Joe

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: