cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7960 factory default

beddo
Level 1
Level 1

So, this method doesn't work on the older firmware. i tried and doesn't respond.

http://cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/phones/ps379/products_tech_note09186a00800941bb.shtml

how can i get these set to factory default?

no CM setup locally.

i do have 2821 router with voice software on it.

any help is greatly appreciated.

4 Replies 4

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What do you mean it doesn't respond ?

If you have no CM, you need a DHCP server that provides option 150, and a TFTP server with all the firmware files.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

after hours, it's resolved. here's what i did to bring a phone back to default that had a password to unlock the net config.

1. boot phone without net connection and view the existing network config loaded from flash: ip add, mask, gateway, ip add of tftp server, MAC address of phone.

2. config a 2 x FE interface router to match the configs from the phone.

3. one FE router int connects to your PC running TFTP server. the other will connect to the phone.

4. in TFTP root directory, place the OS79XX.TXT, MGCDefault.cnf, MGC.cnf files.

the OS79XX.TXT file should only have the name of the software. ex. P0M3-06-3-00

the other 2 files only contain the following:

image_version: P0M3-06-3-00

phone_password: "123456"

connect all devices and ping the phone from the switch to verify it can get to the TFTP server.

boot the phone and it will get the config file, verify this through the TFTP window that it grabbed the files. Give a little time and reboot the phone without the network connection. the phone now has the password you supplied to unlock the net config section and erase the config on the phone.

when the phone boots, it will

Daniel Mathieu
Level 1
Level 1

We got same situation!

Someone help!

Thank!

i'll help you out with this. email me at brian_eddo@hotmail.com

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: