cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

configuring terminal service 2621 for remote access use

nygenxny123
Level 1
Level 1

we currently have a 2621 in our network which we use to remote access various other devices. I have to add a new squid cable to add some other devices. I've been reading on async configurations and everything seems to be different than what we have configured..here is a partial of what we have

menu net text 1 L33 xxxrouter1

menu net command 1 telnet myport 2033

menu net text 2 L34 xxxxrouter2

menu net command 2 telnet myport 2034

menu net text 3 L35 xxxrouter3

menu net command 3 telnet myport 2035

menu clear text 1 Clear Line L33

xxxrouter1

menu clear command 1 clear line 33

menu clear text 2 Clear Line L34

xxxxrouter2

the config looks simple...if i just

plugged one of the connections from the rj45 squid cable into the aux port of a new device..what would i need to configure or command would issue on the 2621 to access the new device....(all new devices are up and running on our network-just have to get term server acccess to them)

There are no "ip host" configuration statments in the term server

3 Replies 3

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Richard

Good for you = an interesting question on something I have not thought about in a long time.

There are no "ip host" commands because those functions are provided in the menu system that is configured:

menu net text 1 L33 xxxrouter1

menu net command 1 telnet myport 2033

defines a command that is equivalent to ip host pointing to port 2033. (menu net text 1 defines the text that is displayed for command 1 and menu net command 1 defines the action that corresponds to that command).

So if you are going to add more cable connections you need to configure more menu choices (the text to display and the action to take)

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

thx again!

Richard

You are quite welcome.

Thanks for the rating.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: