cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 5.x email notification

mhurley131
Level 4
Level 4

I am doing a unity 5.x install for a client that is using groupwise for their email server.

We are planning on doing an email notification to let them know when they have new emails, but they are also asking if it is possible to have the wav file sent as an attachment. Is this possible?? They can't be setup as internet users since they also need to access the voice mails from their desk phones.

Any insight into this would be appreciated.

5 Replies 5

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi -

I found this information on Cisco's site for Unity 5.X - http://www.gwipt.com/

According to the website, this product GW-Unify integrates your Cisco® Unity Voicemail with your GroupWise® Mailbox. I have no personal experience with this application, but it may be something to look into for your client's implementation.

Best regards, Ginger

robert.horrigan
Level 2
Level 2

You can create a rule for each mailbox to forward the message to a specific email address as it arrives. That's a lot of administration overhead for you though. You'll also have to make sure that you dont enable encryption.

Christopher McAlpin
Community Manager
Community Manager

You could also create an IMAP connection in the users mail client to Unity's Exchange server, allowing the user to access their messages from their desktop client.

Another option would be to use the "Text for Unity Inbox" notification, which can include a url to the web based Cisco Unity Inbox in the Cisco Personal Communications Assistant.

This may be a solution for them. I can setup the "Text for Unity Inbox" to send an email to them, but how do I include a message to the email?

I was thinking about maybe including a hyper link to the OWA page, which will allow them to view the message. The only thing is, there is no "body" or "text" box for the notification.

Actually there is a system setting in the SA where you can specify the url to send in the "Text for your Unity Inbox" notification device.

SA --> Configuration --> Settings

See the heading/topic "Cisco Personal Communications Assistant (PCA)", and the setting is "Internet Address".

If you put in the link to the Cisco Unity Inbox which is "http:///CiscoPCA" they will be prompted to login to the CPCA, and if there COS in Unity has Unity Inbox access they can see there messages from the Inbox link in the CPCA.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: