Views
Helpful
Replies

qos sfp links

renekrueger
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

I have opened a conversation an 01/17/08 (SFP performance) and I found the problem myslef.

When I configure qos globally of my 3560 (mls qos), the performance of fiber link (SFP's) ist very bad.

But I don't understand why is it so.

QoS on the interfaces is disabled, QoS maps are default. Why is the performance over fiber bad when QoS is globally enabled????? Is it a bug ????

Thank's René

2 Replies 2

vinerichard
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Rene,

I have just posted a message asking for help and I think this maybe linked. Could you expand on your solution for the interfaces? Did you just turn QoS off?

I too have enabled mls globally and configured mls qos trust dscp and auto qos voip trust on each SFP gigabit uplink. I also have an etherchannel configured on my uplinks.

Thanks

Richard

Hi Richard,

on my 3560 there is a trunk (Gi0/1)via SFP when I configure "mls qos" then the performance over the trunk is to decrease. The same test, a trunk over the Cupper-Port (fa0/1)the performance is fine. There is no more qos configured (trust dscp, auto qos, ..), only globally enabled.

I don't need qos.

But in last time I've analyzed a performance problem on a switch. The result was the global qos configuration on a switch. I tested over cupper and fiber and the problem was on fiber only. I turned qos off and thats fine. But I don't understand why is it so?

Thank's René

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: