cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Adding a sub to a CUCM 6.0.1 cluster

guy.richard
Level 1
Level 1

My cluster was installed with DVD "6.0.1.1000-37" and then upgraded with"UCSInstall_UCOS_6.0.1.2000-4.sgn.iso".

Now I try to add a new sub I can't install 6.0.1.1000-37 because it's not compatible with 1rst node and the "UCSInt...6.0.1-2000-4" is not supported for upgrade during installation.

What can I do ? Switch the 1rst node in olest version, install 2nd sub and then switch back to newest and upgrade 2nd sub ? What about config and calls.

Thanks for help

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

in your scenario you would need to switch partitions and go back to the old version. install the sub and then upgrade the servers

unfortunately the version which is in the inactive partition is not updated with the new configuration you have made since, so you would go back to that point

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks for your answer.

Ok for switching back to the old version on the Pub, then install the 2nd sub, but then You mean I can't switch again to the new version on the Pub and then upgrade the sub ?

You mean if a cluster has been upgraded, you can never add a new sub in the config ?

Does an install DVD exist for CUCM 6.0.1.2000-4 ?

not sure if that would work, if you install the SUB and then go back to the new version you won't have any reference in CUCM or at DB layer for the replication since as far as CUCM know there is no SUB in the newest installation.

you can add SUBs but you need to install it with the same version your PUB is

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hello,

I think you're right. I compared the DVD content (6.0.1.1000-37)with the iso content (6.0.1.2000-4) there are about 20000 bytes difference of size, I think this is olso a full version why is it not bootable ?

Guy

Hello,

For sharing knowledge, the final solution after a lot(like burn bootable DVD, like using 2000-3 which is the bootable versio of 2000-4),all inefficient, was to simply rename UCSInstall_UCOS_6.0.1.2000-4.sgn.iso into UCSInstall_UCOS_ES_6.0.1.2000-4.sgn.iso, the ES transform it on a patch that can be used during install with 6.0.1.1000-37 (or another one)

Regards

Guy

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: