Views
Helpful
Replies

port-channel problem with WiSM

bbxie
Level 3
Level 3

Has anybody met following similar problem:

I put WiSM into slot 3(also tried slot 6) of 6506(sup720-3B, s72033-adventerprisek9_wan-mz.122-33.SXH.bin), using following command to setup the port-channel:

interface Port-channel1

switchport

switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q

switchport trunk native vlan 5

switchport trunk allowed vlan 1-1000

switchport mode trunk

!

int range g3/1-4

switchport

switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q

switchport trunk native vlan 5

switchport trunk allowed vlan 1-1000

switchport mode trunk

channel-group 1 mode on

!

I can use "session slot 3 pro 1" to login to the WiSM, but can't ping WiSM's management IP address from 6506, then I find the port-channel has problem, only G3/1 is up and included in the channel, G3/2-4 are up but line protocol is down, then I found from the log that: "AESUT: %EC-SP-5-CANNOT_BUNDLE2: Gi3/2 is not compatible with Gi3/1 and will be suspended (qos-card type unavailable for Gi3/2 or Gi3/1)". It says those GE port are not compatible for qos-card type, but I checked the configuration, all GE using the same configuration. Don't know why, maybe a bug? Appreciate for any feedback

5 Replies 5

didyap
Level 6
Level 6

This seems to be a possible negotiation issue. Try to change the mode of the port (i.e from trunk try to place into access then back to trunk). If this also doesn't works try nonegotiate.

jvandelogt
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same problem, but it has something to do with QoS. When you disable "mls qos" on the switch, the port-channel will function normal again.

It doesn't help when you configure "mls qos trust dscp" on the port-channel!!!!!

this is a cisco bug:CSCsk43058. you can upgrade IOS or disable mls qos.

plandobait
Level 1
Level 1

I had this problem with version 12.2(18)SXF1 - upgraded to SXF5 and no probs.

ensanodeh
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same problem with this IOS. USe any portchannel above 13 dont use 1-13 it will work

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card