cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

banner login - how many char's can it be?

encadmin1
Level 1
Level 1

I've noticed that different revs have different lengths. I looked all over Cisco's website and the only thing I can find is the sending a message length from a session. or maybe I'm just using the wrong keywords. any links or helps would be appreciated.

7 Replies 7

Collin Clark
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I have not heard of a limit. In the old days, before security was important, people would do ASCII art with their logins:-) That took a lot of lines and characters so I would think it's pretty big. How large is your banner?

It was about 400 char's.. I shorted it to about 260 and it fit on my 2960G, but not in my 2950... the 60's running 12.2 and the 50's running 12.1. Maybe its my terminal software i'm using? Hmmm.....

If there is nothing confidential, post it and I'll try it on a lab box.

Nice Arul! Be careful not to post links that require Partner access since most people on here don't have that access ;-)

encadmin1
Level 1
Level 1

K. I got it to work. what I did was put the message in word and used the enter key about every 100 char's so that it had return character's in it. I copied all the lines with the return char's and it all went in. I think it's a formatting issue.

so resolved. And ty for all the good replies ^^

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card