cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Looking for Document about Power Over Ethernet

lfranchini1
Level 1
Level 1

I have a ws-c2960-24tc (12.2(35))and a WS-C2960-24TTc (12.2(25)).

I was trying to power 3 wireless access points AP 1242's though them. I found a Cisco document that stated that you could only run a limited number of power injectors through this switch series. I have lost the document, it was a Cisco and at the time I was looking for the error on low state power injector. Does have the document or can give me link to it? I have been searching for days.

Thanks for any help

LRF

7 Replies 7

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

not sure what document you are referring to, but I think that when using external power injector, I think you can have as many you want, as the switch doesn't even "know" that you are using them.

Are the APs not working ?

The AP's do not work on these switches if we have more than 2 power injectors on them. they go into a low power inline mode state.

they do not send/transmite.

I know I read somewhere that the 2960's series could not handle alot of PoE devices since they wher not design for it.

I'm surprised, because each power injector and AP is a separate device, and is supposed to work with any switch in any density.

Perhaps the problem is somewhere else, and eluding a first level troubleshoot.

Here is 2 screenshots of what I see when I add a 3rd power injector to the switch. I can not even make changes to the device.

Hi,

I still fail to see how the switch is involved in that problem. Perhaps changing the mac address iss enough to keep the AP happy.

Try posting in the wireless forum.

I've done a search on our internal database and other people hasve seen this error. It looks like you need to run this command on the WAP:

power inline negotiation injector

(where is the MAC address for the port where the AP plugs into the Cisco 2950 Switch)

I have tried this and was still unsuccessful.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: