cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FXO caller ID

p.horwood
Level 1
Level 1

is it possible to send caller id out of a fxo port. I have a paging system connected from 2821 gateway via fxo. I can call paging system no problem but the paging system expects to see caller id of the Ip Phone

9 Replies 9

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi, FXO per definition can only receive caller-id, and FXS send it only.

Check how your paging system expects to receive calling number, because it cannot be the caller-id method. Are you sure you are not using an FXS port ?

I wanted to use FXS but the paging systen doesnt expect to recieve a tone so it is FXO. on the legacy system calers access the paging system dial the pager number and the system sends the cli from the calling number automaticaly. I dont see a way of doing this

Well, if fact even with fxs, it would never receive a dialtone, but loop current, then ring current, caller-id.

I've never heard of a paging system that is fxs side ans wants fxo, but anything can be. Perhaps if you mention make and model someone has experience with it.

Hey thanks for replying appreciate it!

Please post make and model as stated above. This will help. Most paging systems use an FXS port instead of fxo.

Its an Acom T942 system. Currently works connected to a legacy PBX but trying to migrate to a Ip solution connecting via either FXS or FXO. FXS didnt work. FXO does work by dialling the pager access code and then dialling the calling number. On the legacy system the paging system picks up the calling number automatically

Ok, any chance the legacy system is programmed to send calling number with a separator ?

Because I would exclude that calling number is sent with proper caller-id standard (FSK modulation).

Like it dials 2301*2345 where 2301 is calling, 2345 is called. You can hook a router FXS port to see what actually the legacy system is dialing.

If what I suppose is true then the same could be done with a TCL/IVR script out the FXO port.

Yes at the minute it works by dialling 82( access code to paging system, wait for connect)then 2345,2301 and all works fine.

What they want is to a) dial 822345 and the system picks up 2301 automatically and b) not have to wait for connect after dialling 82

For the wait, you should be able to do with a voice translation-rule like

rule 1 /^82/ /82,,,/

But, combing calling and called number can be done only by a TCL/IVR script, you can contact me a the address in my profile if you are interested in having it written.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: