cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Agent Extension Options

joepapesh
Level 1
Level 1

I have a few questions being asked about our ACD Groups, and I am looking for some help. I would like to know if it is possible, and if Cisco supports it :)

A little background - We have an IPCC Express Standard 4.0(5) solution, and every Agent (all Desktop Agent) is setup with a Primary Extension with Voicemail, and a corresponding ACD Extension. The ACD Extensions were setup to be included in a Broadcast Hunt Group by our integrator originally, so that if IPCC were to be unreachable the calls would broadcast to all of the Agent's extensions.

- Can we have people call directly into an ACD Extension in addition to being part of the ACD? The call would be directed to the extension via a transfer from Unity. If we do that can we have a no-answer time-out roll to the Queue CTI Route Point? The purpose of this would be to allow the ACD extension to be published externally, and allow callers to reach an alternate resource without having a chance to leave a VM.

- Can we throw-out the whole 2 autonomous extension model? It would be nice to just have 1 extension for ACD, with personal voicemail behind it. I know we would have to watch the timers (currently 16 secs for ACD RNA, and 20 secs for CCM RNA), but it would eliminate quite a bit of the whole ready/not-ready stuff. We don't have dedicated call centers, so our people are doing direct inbound, outbound, and ACD calls through-out the day.

Thanks for the help,

--Joe

7 Replies 7

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Both options would work though not recommanded by Cisco and if issues arise TAC can give you a grief.

Option 1 is OK as long as the RNA timer on the DNA is higher than the RONA timer in all scripts

Option 2 - I have done this at several places, this is perfectly fine as long as you follow the RNA rule, also keep in mind that you will see all calls under UCCX reporting, so if agents receive personal calls on this line they will be captured in agent reports.

HTH,

Chris

Chris,

Thanks for the quick response... I think I am going to go with Option #2 if possible, because that seems to make the most sense.

Rated you a 5 :)

Thanks again,

--Joe

I think the two lines is the correct model for the call centre agents.

For them, the first line should be the contact centre line. That means if they pick up the handset while ready, the router will not consider them a target. It should be configured with no call waiting, no voice mail and auto-answer from CUCM (to get the incoming tone). I'm not a RONA fan. This line is not a published number - it's for call centre only, although can be used as a transfer target from another agent who has a customer on the line.

The second line is their published personal line (possibly a DID), with Unity, call waiting, no auto answer. To use this line they have to press line 2 button, not just pick up the hand set.

Agent's need to behave reasonably. If they are ready in the contact centre and a call arrives on their personal line, either they let it go to voice mail, or if they are not busy, go not ready first and then answer the call.

If they want to make a call from their personal line, they should go not ready first.

The problem with a single line is call collisions and poor reporting. You may want to check the SRND for recommendations.

Regards,

Geoff

I have one more question... We are hoping to upgrade to CCM 6.0, and IPCCX 5.0 later this year. Does that impact my ability to utilize either of these options?

Hi,

I have some questions regarding the single line ext for both call center and personal calls.

I have set up IPCC Enterprise environment in the lab (ICM 7.2, CM 6.0 and IP IVR 5.0).

Anyway, what i found is that the ICM could not differentiate personal calls from the call center calls.

Example, if I call the Agent Ext directly and if it's not answered then the RONA treatment kicks in.

Is this the expected behaviour?

I would have expected that the ICM has the intelligent to recognise that the call is a personal call and hence it would not execute the RONA.

Regards

Erwin

Hi Erwin,

What you are seeing is expected behaviour :( This is why the "Best Practice" here is to have 2 seperate lines (as so nicely detailed by Geoff earlier in this thread - 5 points for this great explanation Geoff).

Line 1- Unlisted number usually non-DID for Agent Extension

Line 2- Personal DID with VM,Call Forward No Answer etc.

If you split these 2 functions IPCC Agent/Personal # you will find much better results :)

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi Rob,

Thanks for your reply.

Regards

Erwin

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: