VTP configuration

Unanswered Question
Jan 26th, 2008
User Badges:

I have a 3Com 8760 Wireless AP, and its suppoused to work with VLANs

I have configured VLANs and they're working fine, vlan1 has corp network, ant vlan 3 has guest network,

I want to configure the AP to give service to both networks, so 1 VirtualAP shoul be taggin packets to VLAN1 and another VAP should be tagging to VLAN3, the port that recieves the AP its in trunking mode, but when I enable taggin in the AP I lost connectivity,

Does anyone have an idea of the rigth port configuration

Thanks

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
glen.grant Sat, 01/26/2008 - 16:27
User Badges:
  • Purple, 4500 points or more

One vlan won't be tagged that is the native vlan and it has to match on both sides . It can be either 1 or 3 , it doesn't matter . So one vlan should be tagged and the other won't .

bvsnarayana03 Fri, 02/01/2008 - 00:05
User Badges:
  • Silver, 250 points or more

If you have 2 vlans on AP, pls chk your configs for following:

1. 2 Radio sub interfaces

2. 2 sub interfaces on fa interface

connecting to switch

3. Trunking on both ends i.e. WAP fa & switch

interface.

With this configuration, VLANs should work.

guillermo.diaz Sat, 02/02/2008 - 12:16
User Badges:

Thaks for the response,

i have 2 virtual AP configured, i dont know if its the same

i configured too trunking in the switch, both i still dont know how to do it on the AP, do you know how to configure sub interfaces in the switch, because I was looking over the internet and i just found how to configure them both only in a router.

Thanks

omar.elmohri Sun, 02/03/2008 - 14:20
User Badges:

Hello,

As you have two VAP, so you have two SSIDs and two subnets.

And about trunking, you enable it on a switch without have a subinterfaces. Subinterfaces are only on routers.

Please, tell me the topology that you are using? are you connecting the AP to which kind of switchs?

guillermo.diaz Tue, 02/05/2008 - 06:12
User Badges:

the AP is connected to a 3548-XL, I want to connect the AP so it can give service to 2 networks, the corp network and the guest network, I already have configured vlans to separate both networks, but Im unsure about the connection betwen AP and switch

omar.elmohri Tue, 02/05/2008 - 08:42
User Badges:

To be sure of the connection use the command 'show cdp neig'

Actions

This Discussion