Views
Helpful
Replies

VTP configuration

guillermo.diaz
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 3Com 8760 Wireless AP, and its suppoused to work with VLANs

I have configured VLANs and they're working fine, vlan1 has corp network, ant vlan 3 has guest network,

I want to configure the AP to give service to both networks, so 1 VirtualAP shoul be taggin packets to VLAN1 and another VAP should be tagging to VLAN3, the port that recieves the AP its in trunking mode, but when I enable taggin in the AP I lost connectivity,

Does anyone have an idea of the rigth port configuration

Thanks

6 Replies 6

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

One vlan won't be tagged that is the native vlan and it has to match on both sides . It can be either 1 or 3 , it doesn't matter . So one vlan should be tagged and the other won't .

bvsnarayana03
Level 5
Level 5

If you have 2 vlans on AP, pls chk your configs for following:

1. 2 Radio sub interfaces

2. 2 sub interfaces on fa interface

connecting to switch

3. Trunking on both ends i.e. WAP fa & switch

interface.

With this configuration, VLANs should work.

Thaks for the response,

i have 2 virtual AP configured, i dont know if its the same

i configured too trunking in the switch, both i still dont know how to do it on the AP, do you know how to configure sub interfaces in the switch, because I was looking over the internet and i just found how to configure them both only in a router.

Thanks

Hello,

As you have two VAP, so you have two SSIDs and two subnets.

And about trunking, you enable it on a switch without have a subinterfaces. Subinterfaces are only on routers.

Please, tell me the topology that you are using? are you connecting the AP to which kind of switchs?

the AP is connected to a 3548-XL, I want to connect the AP so it can give service to 2 networks, the corp network and the guest network, I already have configured vlans to separate both networks, but Im unsure about the connection betwen AP and switch

To be sure of the connection use the command 'show cdp neig'

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card