Level 3

Is 7.0 deffered?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

9 Replies 9

ajagadee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

7.0(7), the latest in 7.0 train for the ASA is not deferred. Also, note that 7.0(7) is a GD Code.

Is there a specific version in 7.0 that you would like to know is deferred or not. There was a new security vulnerability released for ASA and I dont see 7.0 has an affected version.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/products_security_advisory09186a008093942e.shtml

I hope it helps.

Regards,

Arul

** Please rate if it helps **

hi arul,

I have 7.0(6).

Thanx

Thanks!

7.0(6) is not deferred. Is there a specific reason for you asking this. I would check the release notes for 7.0(6) to make sure that your environment is not affected by any of the caveats listed in the open section. Also, if your company has a standard of using GD Codes over ED Codes, then you may want to look at 7.0(7) which is GD.

Regards,

Arul

** Please rate all helpful posts **

BTW, below is the link to the 7.0(6) release notes.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/asa70/release/notes/asarn706.html

Regards,

Arul

thanx arul,

:)

Thanks for the rating! :-)

Regards,

Arul

Hi arul,

If we have 3 servers like domain controller,application server,exchange server

so what is the best practice,

should we place only exchange server in dmz or all 3 servers,

Main purpose of DMZs is separate from inside network servers that must be accessible from outside..DMZ is network that sits between a trusted internal network, such as a corporate private LAN, and an untrusted external network, such as the public Internet.

So if its no reason for access to DC from outside I should keep DC inside... same for application server.. If you exchange provide mail services for remote users (IMAP, web access) - its exactly reason why place the server to the DMZ

M.

Hope that helps rate if it does

Thanx for confirming my concepts,

Regards,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card