cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

3560 cpu utilization question

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

This is the scenario , we have 3 3560's in a star config with the top switch being a POE 3560 with other 2 hung off it normal 3560's . The POE 3560 is running like 25-30% while the others are like 4% . Very little traffic on this . The main process useing the cpu is the "hulc led process" .

Why would the main 3560 be so much higher ? I know its not affecting traffic as most traffic is hardware switched. Just wondering the main one is so much higher . I have seen this same type scenario in a 3750 stack situation where the stackmaster is a lot higher than the slaves. Checked for bugs but did not see anything, running 12.2.40SE ipbase code. Anyone else seen this?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Glen,

It's a bug, affecting 3750s as well since they are basically the same switch. Fixed-in .44

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/Support/Bugtool/onebug.pl?bugid=CSCsi78581&Submit=Search

HTH,

__

Edison.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

ankbhasi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Glen,

Do you see some unsual behavior on the LED lights on the front panel of the switch? Basically hulc led process controls the LEDs.

I know its a bad suggestion but is it possible to reset the switch and observe the behavior.

Regards,

Ankur

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Glen,

It's a bug, affecting 3750s as well since they are basically the same switch. Fixed-in .44

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/Support/Bugtool/onebug.pl?bugid=CSCsi78581&Submit=Search

HTH,

__

Edison.

Thanks Edison looks exactly like it , just wonder why the other two hung off the POE don't exhibit the behavior also as they are all running the same version of code unless it just affects POE versions.

As Ankur indicated, this process control the link status (front LED of the switch). What mode is this switch set as compared to the other switches?

Does it have more ports connected?

Are they blinking any faster?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: