cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Ethernet always up????

adnan.dhl
Level 1
Level 1

i am facing problem in my network topology,i am conntectin two locations one with router1841 and 2nd with 3640 connected with P2P DSL link ,i have ISDN backup but i am unable to dial DDR ISDN once DSL modem will unsync because DSL modem connected with router ethernet port and modem will remain on so the port will still up , Kindly advice

1 Reply 1

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

adnan

It is true that the Ethernet interface of the router will show as up/up when connected to the DSL modem even if it has lost the ability to communicate through the DSL modem. There are a couple of ways to get around this, depending on how you have configured your backup. Many people have successfully implemented Reliable Static Routing Backup Using Object Tracking to deal with this issue. This link will give you information about how to configure this and how it works:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6350/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00804457cd.html

If this does not seem an appropriate solution to your situation then perhaps you can give us some detail about your situation and what you have set up.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: