Views
Helpful
Replies

V.35 Interface

nbantan123
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a customer who wants 11 V.35 intrerfaces. Which router/s should I sell him.

Thanks.

6 Replies 6

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi, with the introduction of the new hwic-4t

http://cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/modules/ps5949/ps6182/prod_qas0900aecd80274424.html

Even a 2801 would do. Then it depend by the circuit speed, if all ports are 2mbps, a bigger router would be recommended.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Paolo,

I think the user wants to terminate 11 links rather than 11 Mbps in which i case the minimum router that would be required is a 2811 with one HWIC-4T and 4 x WIC-2T

I completely agree that a 38XX would be the preferred router for terminating 11 V35 interfaces

Narayan

Narayan, why 4 x wic-2t ? With 3 x HWIC-4T you have 12 ports so one is spare. And still one empty HWIC slot.

When it comes to choosing the router, as you know, "it depends". In many places, links are still low speed so even a small 28xx does well.

You are right as always

I mistook HWIC-4T for a NM-4T :-)

Narayan

Dear all,

Thank you very much.

You are welcome. As an appreciation to those that give useful answers, please rate posts with the scrollbox below!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card