×

Warning message

  • Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.
  • Cisco Support Forums is in Read Only mode while the site is being migrated.

Adding the second node in an HA pair for UCCX

Answered Question
Jan 27th, 2008
User Badges:

I'm upgrading to an HA pair of 5.0 UCCX Servers from a single node 3.5 IPCCX system. I'd like to be able to put one of the new UCCX 5.0 Servers into production and add the second server a few weeks later.


I've tried this scenario in a test lab buthaven't been able to make it work. I create a first node with CTI Ports and Route Points. It works, and then I try to add the second node. I can run through the setup script and it adds the second node. The problem occurs because there are no CTI ports for the second server. I've tried to resynch the servers (hoping they might magically add extra CTI Ports), and I've tried adding some more CTI ports on the primary. But both scenarios fail.


Has anybody else succeeded in adding a second node after the first one is already working?

Correct Answer by bwilmoth about 9 years 6 months ago

Can you confirm that you ran the JTAPI Client Update tool and the version on your CRS is consistent with the version on CallManager.Could you try Installing the JtapiClient. Also run resynchronize under Subsystems > JTAPI in the appadmin menu.


  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Loading.
Correct Answer
bwilmoth Fri, 02/01/2008 - 08:08
User Badges:
  • Silver, 250 points or more

Can you confirm that you ran the JTAPI Client Update tool and the version on your CRS is consistent with the version on CallManager.Could you try Installing the JtapiClient. Also run resynchronize under Subsystems > JTAPI in the appadmin menu.


jopurnell Tue, 02/12/2008 - 19:13
User Badges:

Thanks for the suggestions. I've done a combination of things. I've made sure the JTAPI clients are all up to date, and have applied SR2. I am now able to get the second node to get added to the cluster and all the CTI ports created that it needs. So, it does now work.


So, I don't know whether it was SR2 that solved the problem, or the synching of the JTAPI clients.

Actions

This Discussion