cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrading LMS 2.2 to LMS3.0

chiangfong
Level 1
Level 1

Currently, my system is LMS2.2.I have purchase LMS 3.0 300 Device Restricted Upgrade for LMS 2.5.x,2.6 (CWLMS-3.0-300UPK9 to upgrade it to LMS3.0.

Can i upgrade to LMS3.0 instead of upgrade to LMS2.5 then 2.6?

3 Replies 3

m.sir
Level 7
Level 7

you have two options

*Local upgrade Upgrading to the newer version of LMS on the same machine. You can directly upgrade to LMS 3.0 from LMS 2.6 and LMS 2.5.1 only.

*Remote upgrade-Installing LMS on a different machine and then restoring the data on that machine

You can upgrade from LMS 2.2 or LMS 2.5 to LMS 3.0 only by performing a remote upgrade.

check this link for more info

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_lan_management_solution/3.0/install/guide/overview.html#wp1061830

If you bought only upgrade and you dont have "fresh" installation you need get 2.5 first

M.

Hope that helps rate if it does

Thanks for the info.

LMS3.0 can only run on windows2003?

In either option i still need a machine that running on windows 2003?

LMS 3.0 only runs on Windows 2003. Yes, you will need a machine running 2003. I recommend you don't even bother installing 2.5 or 2.6 on this machine. Just install LMS 3.0 on the new machine, and migrate your data from 2.2. Things will go much easier that way.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: