Views
Helpful
Replies

add Mac-Address Manualy

alsayed
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Netpro!

I have Server with the Following ip:10.10.10.1 mac-address 00-05-5D-D3-62-4F.this server in same subnet.i want to add its mac address Manualy to Switch mac address table.how can i acheive that?

many Thanks

7 Replies 7

shrikar.dange
Level 1
Level 1

hi

By default, MAC addresses are learned dynamically from incoming frames. You also can configure static CAM table entries that contain MAC addresses that might not be learned otherwise. To do this, use the following configuration command:

Switch(config)# mac address-table static mac-address vlan vlan-id interface type mod/num

Here, the MAC address (in dotted triplet hex format) is identified with the switch port and VLAN where it appears.

NOTE

Until Catalyst IOS version 12.1(11)EA1, the syntax for CAM table commands used the

keywords mac-address-table. In more recent Cisco IOS versions, the syntax has changed to use the keywords mac address-table (first hyphen omitted). The Catalyst 4500 and 6500 IOS Software are exceptions, however, and continue to use the mac-address-table keyword form.

HTH,

regards,

shri :)

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Ali

Assuming IOS

mac-address-table static 0012.1111.2312 vlan 1 interface gi8/14

You need to fill in the mac-address, vlan number and interface in the above command.

HTH

Jon

hello Guys!

i have it like this Format:00-05-5D-D3-62-4F

10xs

hi,

wat is your ios version?

as my above post says (as well as jons) use the command depending on your ios version with mac address as 0005.5dd3.624f if you are not using any vlan use vlan 1.

HTH,

regards,

shri :)

Hi

10xs

hi,

i am glad that i am able to help you.and i appreciate the rating :)

regards,

shri

hey shri!

have a look to all my Posts.I Rated all and this Small part For thanks the Experts who the Spent time to Help PPls

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card